Argument for Measure B
Our schools are the most important assets in our community and should be our number one priority. From higher achieving students, to increased property values, quality schools make a difference. We need to protect the quality of education. Funds raised by this local measure will support instructional opportunities including music, art, and hands-on science through gardening programs, and retain and recruit high-quality teachers and support staff.
Our children need your YES vote on Measure B! If successful, Measure B will provide a stable source of local funds to offset the uncertainty of state funding. With the kind of support provided by the funds from Measure B, our students can become well-rounded, contributing members of the community. Without it, their educational experience will be compromised.
If passed, Measure B will fund programs to improve Soquel Union Elementary School District schools including:
- Attracting and retaining quality teachers and support staff
- Maintaining or expanding music and art programs
- Enhancing science instruction via hands-on gardening lessons
Measure B makes financial sense and protects taxpayers.
- All funds must be spent locally and cannot be taken by the State.
- Measure B provides for an exemption for any parcel owned and occupied by a person 65 years of age or older.
- Spending will be reviewed and annually audited by an independent citizens' oversight committee
Measure B maintains academic programs, helps improve the education of local children, and enhances the quality of our community. That's something we can all support. Please join us and vote Yes on Measure B!
County School Board Member & Capitola Senior
Santa Cruz County Superintendent of Schools
Angelo DeBernardo, Jr
Santa Cruz County Supervisor